Hi Guys! :) If you follow me on my social media you probably know I went to Edinburgh last weekend. I've completely fallen in love with the city and have many thoughts and pictures to share with you but let's start with the place we stayed in.
It was my second experience with airbnb and it was a perfect choice - again. The flat was neat and tidy, reasonably priced, exactly as described and the owners were lovely and took their time to recommend places, restaurant and things to see and gave us some great suggestions.
This is a link to the place: https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/2168168
And this is a link you could use, while booking, so that I could earn some money for my next adventure: www.airbnb.co.uk/c/annas52?s=8 :)
Moving back to the flat. None of the places have ever inspired me as much as this one. I always had some silly rules in my head, you need to follow when arranging an apartment.
So this is what I've learnt:
- Yup. You can mix white furniture with brown and black in the same room and it can still look awesome.
- Mirrors are cool. Mirrors everywhere. The more mirrors the better. One mirror in the room is not enough.
- A chipped mug? A broken accessory? Don't throw it away. It still looks nice and it tells some story.
- Again, you might never have too many blankets... and cushions... and pillows. It makes the place even cosier.
- Plants, plants everywhere.
- Your own art, a picture drew by your niece or hand made things look great even if you don't really get them or you wonder whether they are ugly or not.
- Mix old things with new things. It's a total mish-mash but again it looks cool and it shows your personality.
- SHOW YOUR PERSONALITY.